Blogger Bookclub #7: Techbitch





''Imogen Tate, editor-in-chief of Glossy magazine, is a legend in the fashion world. But when she returns from a sabbatical to find her twenty-six-year-old former assistant, Eve Morton, behind her desk, she realises times are changing.

Armed with a business degree, naked ambition and an iPhone, Eve announces she has been brought in to turn Imogen's beloved magazine into an app. With herself at the helm.
In this terrifying new world, Imogen is almost invisible. In place of her team of dedicated staff is a constantly evolving line of twenty-something bloggers at their desks day and night ('Only losers need sleep!'), amateur snaps instead of elegant photo shoots, and a URL address in place of Imogen's glossy pages.


But Imogen isn't ready to give up her hard-earned career without a fight. Where Eve has Twitter followers, Imogen has experience, talent and real relationships, and she's prepared to fight for the fashion world she knows and loves. Even if it means going to war with a ruthless Techbitch..
.''

I've recently been involved in a Blogger Bookclub on Goodreads with a few fellow bloggers (albeit they have a much larger following than my 0) and I've been really enjoying connecting with fellow readers as my friends and family aren't big on books. 

My first book I've fully taken part in was Techbitch by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza. Unfortunately, I really didn't enjoy this... like at all. Fashion and the bitchy office drama type story really weren't to my taste. The story is focused on Imogen Tate and her battle to prevent Glossy for being turned into an app. Along the way we see Imogen in an ongoing battle with Eve to prevent Eve essentially ruining the Glossy reputation, relationships and magazine entirely. 

Eve was (until the part we find out something awful) my favourite character out of them all. Mainly for the reason that her traits happen to be very similar to a Client of mine at work. So it was funny comparing the two against each other. 

Whilst I appreciate I may be bias as the entire background and idea behind the story isn't my thing at all, I didn't really enjoy anything about the book. The characters were all very predictable, and I found it quite obvious how the story was going to end. 

Overall, I gave this 1 star on Goodreads.

Don't forget to check out fellow bookclubbers' thoughts!

Post a Comment